Is it time for a career change? Are you feeling a certain way about your retirement? Do you feel an urge to level up or get out?
Hey, I get it! I’ve had many career pivots in my 35+ years in the communications industry, and I can tell you that making a change is work -- and it is worth it.
If what you want to do is really different from what you’ve been doing for the past 10, 20, or 30 years, then this episode is for you, whether you want to add to your body of work or throw it all away.Listen in and learn: My 5 top tips for introducing the new you, true stories of women whose pivots have been a huge success, the keys to leveraging your existing body of work, where to start with re-energizing your personal brand, why you’ll want to “go digital content crazy,” how social media makes this easier now than it’s ever been … and more!
“Podcasting is a really good way to showcase any new expertise or new interests that you have.” – Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- Is it time for a career change?
- My 35+ years of successful career pivots
- Why career pivots are easier now than 10 or 20 years ago
- My 5 top tips for making a career change
- True Story! From nonprofit executive to author, coach, and pageant winner
- Don’t leave behind your experiences -- leverage them!
- Working a new look for your new brand
- How to test drive your workshop or course idea
- Are you ready to go digital content crazy?
- Using mentorship and/or consulting as your off-ramp
- True story! Choosing a new career that sits beside your old one
- 3 places that everyone is looking and listening these days
- How to do engaging TikTok videos or IG Reels -- without dancing💃🏿
- 4 ways that a coach can speed up your change-up
- Answer this question to fast-track your networking
- Pam Perry’s Ready Set Go Speak! program
- Pam Perry’s Branding Accelerator Program
- National Black Book Festival
- Publishing in Color
- Dr. Geneva Williams
- Ignite 2 Impact Podcast with Dr. Geneva Williams
- Get Your Leadership ON!: 52 TIPS to Do It Your Way by Dr. Geneva Williams
- Dexter B. Jenkins
- Getting Your Money Straight and Building Wealth: 52 Tips to Help You Do That by Dexter B. Jenkins
- Shift into a Higher Gear: Better Your Best and Live Life to the Fullest by Delatorro McNeal
- TikTok for Business
- IG Reels for Business
- Clubhouse Creator Commons
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.